What I've Done In 1 Year

I thought I would share some things I've done this past year. It's a little of everything.

I added flowers to my shower curtain to make the hall bathroom a little more feminine.
Then I painted some wooden plaques for a bow hanger to match the shower curtain.
I found these little plates at Michael's on the dollar aisle.
Of course I planned on painting them. This is what they look like now...
Speaking of a dollar...I found these at the Dollar Tree. I've always wanted some of these stone thingies, I don't know the correct name for them obviously, but they were an ugly orange around the edges.I rubbed red paint over the orange, but still didn't really like them.I went over them again with black and they turned out better.They hang above my kitchen cabinets so you don't really see them up close. For me it's a lot of sayings in one spot, but I'll keep them there for awhile at least.

I found these at the thrift store down the road for $1.
And, yes, painted them too.The candles could be a little shorter still, but otherwise they turned out great for a little narrow space on my living room wall.

Then one morning I was getting ready to leave to go garage saling when my daughter dropped her piggy bank and busted it. She loves her piggy bank...who wouldn't when you get to put money in it that you don't even have to work for.

Anyways, I found this later that morning at a garage sale for $1!She was this ladies' when she was a kid, so a little old, but she just needed, what else, but some PAINT!I sprayed her black and then finished her up with my little brushes. I went with these colors because she will one day match my girls' room. Oh, someday...and then on that monumental day I'll show you pictures of that too.

And my daughter loved it...she just mentioned it tonight actually. :)

I should leave it at that for now. More to come on the past year of thrifty buys and redos.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

LOL~ Paint is currently my favorite thing. I'm repainting pretty much the entire inside of the house (except my blue and purple walls of course) and then going to move on to the outside. There is nothing to just make everything clean and new

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...