Jewelry Boxes with Mod Podge

I finally finished my little girls' jewelry boxes. They are the little wooden boxes I found at the Thrift Store for 75 cents. I had to show the top of this one. It had a small cross-stitched something or another Mod Podged on top. I found out you shouldn't Mod Podge unless you are serious about it staying there. I had to use plyers to rip it off!
First I spray painted them black. Then I Mod Podged zebra print scrap paper to the top. Then cut out letters and swirly thingies on my Cricut (love it! will have to share the story of how I got a great deal on it later) and Mod Podged them on.
Not that you can see, but I also lined the inside bottoms with hot pink felt.
Voila! I'm planning on stacking them up and setting them on their bookshelf or dresser...where little hands can't destroy them.
I even made jewelry to go in them, but didn't take a picture. I can't wait for them to open them! I hope they like everything as much as I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so cute! Love the re-do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...