Crate Seats

I have been looking for a craft table for my kids for awhile, and not just so I could make these seats...or maybe slightly because I wanted to make these seats.
I would give credit to someone, but I've seen so many people making these now that I don't know who to give it to.  Seriously, just Google it and you'll see what I mean.

I figured out the table (which I will show at a later date), and as soon as it was in place, I had to get these seats made.

I bought 6 to make.  I found my milk crates at Wal-Mart for about $3.50.  They had black, grey, red, blue, green, & hot pink.  I had to go with green to match the room I'm putting them in.  Although the pink was so pretty.

Next I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of plywood for $10.  They'll cut it for you, so I had measured mine at home and had them cut 6 pieces for me.  I also took the crate with me to make sure it fit.  I had a ton of plywood leftover.

I had found some new packages of foam at the Goodwill for 99 cents (which was incredible and don't expect that to happen again anytime soon), and cut it to the size of the plywood.  Then I cut my fabric big enough to wrap around it.  
Pull the fabric around the foam and plywood and staple in place.
Put it on your crate and voila.  I love these!  So do my kids.  They are actually the perfect height for my 7 year old and still works well for the little ones too.
 

Oh, and another great thing about these?
 Storage!  Who doesn't need another place to put all of the kids junk.
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...