Flower Wall Art

 I've seen these felt flowers all over the place.  I'm trying to find different things to fill frames above my little girls' bed and this was perfect.
I usually buy the individual sheets of felt, but didn't really know how much I would need for this project, so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought it by the yard.  Soooo much cheaper!  I bought 1/3 of a yard for about $1.25 with my coupon (which I figured was about 8 of those smaller individual pieces).

I didn't look at any tutorials (which I can figure out why I didn't think to), but just cut some triangles in different sizes.
I started out by sewing mine all in one long string to make them gather. 
 
 
I laid that string of petals down in a circle and just worked my way inwards with layers of petals.

I used hot glue to put it on my fabric covered cardboard, realizing it probably would have been easy to skip the sewing part.  Guess that's when the reading the tutorials beforehand would have been pretty helpful.
I did find some great tutorials after the fact.
This one has a little different shape to it.

I can't wait to make some pillows with the rest of my felt too.

Now to fill those other 5 frames...

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...