Dress Redo: Frumpy to Cute

You know how it is when you're trying to pick something out to wear and your closet full of clothes has nothing to offer? My first thought is I'm just a spoiled American, but after that thought I had a great idea.

While I was on the hunt for a dress to wear to a wedding I came across a garage sale find from last summer (I think about $4). It looked like a cute dress until I put it on. Since I wasn't going to go buy a dress and friends' dresses were not working, I had to do something.

I changed this frumpy dress into something I thought was cute.

*Frumpy*
*Less Frumpy*Yeah, I didn't really get a great picture of it, but you get the idea.

What I did:
Cut off the sleeves.
Hemmed the top to make it a strapless dress.
Added elastic to the inside under the arms to make it stay put.
Added a ruffle around the top (made out of the sleeves).
Took in the sides to fit me a little better.
And used the sash to make the belt around the waist...it ties in the back.
The bottom part stayed the same...since you can't really see it.

There is always potential in your closet.
I like it. Now I have my eye on another dress to cut up.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love this Lan! You're so creative.

Unknown said...

You're amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...