Jewelry Box Redo

 I always seem to be working on something last minute for Christmas.  This year it was a couple of things.

First off, this (not so) pretty little jewelry box.  
 
Found at Goodwill for $4.99...which was actually more than I wanted to spend, but was the only jewelry box in 2 thrift stores.
I think it turned out pretty much as I imagined. 
It's for my oldest daughter and all of the fabric on it will be used in her quilt for her bed.  I'm all about the matching stuff.  
I Mod Podged the fabric on the drawers and replaced the glass with a doubled layer of cardstock covered in material.
Can't wait for her to open it Christmas morning. :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I have been collecting a few of these old jewelry boxes from Goodwill, but have been contemplating how to paint them. What kind of paint did you use? Did you sand or prime it first?

Lan said...

Deanna...I used acrylic paint, just the cheap little bottles you find at most craft stores. I didn't sand or primer at all. I did have to use a few coats though. It's held up well so far.

Melinda said...

I'm so excited to find this! I bought a very similar jewelry box at a garage sale today for $1! Did you remove the handles and hinges? And you only used two pieces of cardstock and modge podge?

Lan said...

I removed the handles but left the hinges and painted around them. On the door I wrapped the cardstock with my fabric and hot glued it on. On the drawers I did use mod podge to attach the fabric. Great find btw! I like $1 deals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...