Such A Lie!



I am always seeing this pin or article or idea that your house can be clean by only cleaning 15-20 minutes a day.  All I have to say...such a lie!

Ok, I get the idea.  Do a chore a day and the deep cleaning stays looking good with about 20 minutes a day invested.  I actually totally agree with this concept.  But what about the other million things you have to keep cleaned?  Just trying to be realistic.

I can't tell you how many times I've sat down and made a list for my weekly chores...dozens, I tell ya.  I did it again today, but this time I'm actually going to stick to it (hopefully).

Here is what my list looks like:

Sunday -  NOTHING (start the week off easy) :)
Monday - Bathrooms (all but floors)
Tuesday - Vacuum whole house
Wednesday - Mop whole house
Thursday - Big Laundry Day
Friday - Dust, Windows if needed
Saturday - Organize (pantry, closets, garage, kids crafts etc.)

All Week (because face it, these don't go away with once a week kind of a deal) - Dishes, Pick up, Sweep, Laundry, Trash, Water Plants, Spot Vacuum, Spot Mop

I do have 4 kids and a husband, so maybe my house takes more to maintain, but hoping it is possible to keep up better if I'm organized.  I'm also getting ready to start assigning chores for my little ones (age appropriate of course).  I think as they get older my chore list with start to shorten. :)

I'm going to try making lists for getting organized with eating healthy also.  I like my lists.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I'm the same way Lan! I've made schedules upon schedules for cleaning and I always fail. I agree with you that the concept of 20 minutes a day is appealing but not realistic - at least not with little ones around. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...