Easy Cinnamon Rolls

My kids love cinnamon rolls and we have them almost every weekend at some time...probably should ease up on 'em a little and do every other week?  Naaaa.

I love homemade cinnamon rolls but they take foooorrrrever.  I wanted something quick (again), so I tried using the canned biscuits.  They turned out great so I've been doing it ever since.

This is how I make them.

Ingredients:
3 cans of cheapo biscuits (10 count) or I'm sure they work with Pillsbury or whatever you want to use.
butter or margarine
cinnamon and sugar mixture - a good ratio is 1/2 cup sugar to 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
powdered sugar
milk

I lay all of my biscuits out overlapping a little.  Using a rolling pin I roll it into about a 11"x14" rectangle.
 I don't measure my butter.  Just spread some all over the biscuits.  Then take your sugar & cinnamon mixture and sprinkle it on top.
Next you will roll it up lengthwise.  After you have it rolled, pinch it closed so it doesn't unroll.
 Get a sharp knife (or you can also use unflavored dental floss) and cut the log into 1 inch rolls.
Make sure to grease your pan first. Then put all of the rolls in touching. 
I bake them at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.  These look more done than what they really were.
To make your icing, put a couple of tablespoons of butter in a bowl and melt it.  Then add a couple tablespoons of milk.  Add powdered sugar and stir until it becomes the consistency you like.  If you need more, just add more milk and then more powdered sugar.
Pour on top of your warm cinnamon rolls and dig in.

*Sidenote: Once I used the flaky Pillsbury biscuits because that's all we had...don't do it!  They turned out pretty bad.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...