DIY Magnetic Folders/Whiteboard

It's about that time to start receiving all of those random papers from school.  I never know where to keep them without losing them, but also turn them in on time.

Then one day I saw a lady say something about this thing she has hanging on her fridge for school papers.  This wasn't it exactly, but it looked something like this.

 
I thought that would be perfect, but didn't really want to spend $30 on it.  It also was a little bulky for me.

So I put something together that I think will work for me.  And it was free!  Well, I already had the folders that I bought for 20 cents a piece once upon a time, so that's about as close as you get to free.

I turned folders on their sides with the opening pointed upwards.  I stacked one folder on top of the other scooting it down a few inches and then taped the sides.  Stacked the next one on top and taped all of those sides together...and so on.  I turned them over and put some stick on magnets and that's it.

I stuck some papers in the folders to see how it worked and I think I'm going to like it.  We'll see pretty soon.

Then as I was hanging it on my fridge I got the idea that it might just work as a whiteboard too.  It does!
My folders were the really slick kind, so you would just have to test your own folders out to see if it works.

I already had a calendar on my fridge and thought I could put it on here instead.  I tested it out for a month and realized I liked being able to flip to the other months.  Now I use the front of the folders as a place for notes and randomness.  Either way, it's great!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...