Ruffled Apron

It was my sis-in-laws birthday, and I knew she was wanting a fun apron, so I put this together for her.

I wanted something colorful, and these tie-dyed t-shirts I already had were perfect.
For the main part of the apron I used a tablecloth that had a floral pattern on it.  I used another apron I already had for the pattern, but it's a pretty simple piece if you don't have one on hand.
I cut a couple of 4 inch strips from the bottom of each shirt and sewed them together to get enough for each ruffle.

I hemmed around the edge of the apron and then sewed on each ruffle, starting with the bottom one and then layering them on top of each other.
I added one ruffle at the top edge also.

For the straps I used the t-shirts strips sewn together too.  Best thing about the t-shirts is that you don't have to hem them.  Love that!
She seemed to like it.  It should make cooking so much more fun, right?

I left it long, but you could cut it shorter and it would probably look like a tutu. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...