Stuffed Animal Cage

One of the messiest places in our home has to be this little space.
 You would think I made the closet look like this for a good before picture, but actually this is what it ends up looking like at least once a week.

It's absolutely ridiculous.  I have organized and reorganized this closet, but nothing seems to help a 5 and 3 year old keep it clean.

On another one of those days trying to tame the mess, I decided we needed something for stuffed animals.  I searched online to see all of the different ideas out there, but nothing was working for me. 

I didn't want my husband to have to build something...or this would have worked.
I don't have a corner to hang a stuffed animal hammock and needed my wall space...or this would have worked.

And I didn't want anymore space in their bedroom floor taken up...or this would have worked.
Then it hit me!  I just got a new vacuum and had this big box in my garage.  So I thought I would make it into a stuffed animal cage.

Here's how I did it.

I cut the top box flaps off and taped the bottom well.  Then I cut a large opening on one side.  If doing it again, I would probably make the opening a little smaller to make it sturdier.  You just need enough space to get the animals through.
Then I grabbed some leftover fabric (that just so happens to match their room), and wrapped it around the box and hot glued it in place.

I used 1/2" wide elastic for the 4 "bars."  I hot glued one end and stretched it a little and hot glued the other end.  I went back and also stapled each end of the elastic.
You could always add more elastic bars if the stuffed animals don't stay in like you want them to.
It has been working great.
Now they know where they're supposed to go at least.
We can also see the floor in the closet more often now.  It helps to have a garage sale too.
I didn't take a picture, but I also added nails (which will be changed to hooks) to the wall right inside to the right, for all of their purses and bags.  

I feel like we're a little more organized in here now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...