DIY Cleaning Supplies

I have seen so many different recipes for making your own laundry soap, so I knew eventually I would make some, but couldn't decide which one.

I think I went with this one because the lady said she was picky about her laundry soap and this lived up to expectations.  Now, I do have to say I'm not at all like that lady.  I buy THE cheapest laundry soap Wal-Mart has.  So I probably actually ended up with better soap than I've ever had, and for cheaper.  Nice.
This is where I got the recipe.

I didn't want to mix in a 5 gallon bucket, so I used these old ice cream buckets.  If I would have thought of it, I would've just put the lids on and shook them instead of stirring.  One word of advice when mixing this, do it somewhere that you don't want the powder to poof out everywhere.  I'll do it in my garage next time.
The crystals container really does make a great container because you can measure it in the lid.


I've also seen a ton of different recipes for homemade wipes.  Had to make some of those.  I think I just ended up using the Glass Cleaner Wipes recipe for both of my buckets though.  Since it has rubbing alcohol and vinegar, I figure they're going to disinfect pretty well.

This is where I got the wipes recipe.
 Do you like how many of these ice cream buckets I have?!  I get one for about every birthday party and obviously keep them.  They work perfect!  And my husband always makes fun of me for keeping them. Ha!
 These are great for the bathroom where my little ones can help out with the cleanup.

Now this next one was SO simple.  I hated buying the refills for my Swiffer, so stinkin' expensive.  Then I saw on Pinterest how you can stick the end of one of those refills in boiling water and then twist it off and refill it.  Amazing!
I refilled it with about 1/3 vinegar and the rest water.

I have quite a few other things along this line that I'm looking forward to making...like dryer sheets and napkins.  I don't know why all of a sudden I'm on this kick, but it's a productive one at least.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...