Tea Party

The Tea Party was a success! At least I thought so. This was the cake...before the handle and spout fell off. Of course, I could have left that detail out and you would have never known. But for suggestions when making your own...don't use the homemade marshmallow fondant.

It worked great for the decorations on the teapot, but as my friend had told me, it doesn't hold its shape when you freeze it. Even though it comes out hard as a rock, don't let it fool you. It will slowly start drooping. :P
I made this pinata during the week. The birthday girl helped me out. It made for a fun project and a fun activity at the party...something active besides sipping tea.

The boys wore: top hats I made out of construction paper and old ties.
The girls wore: dress up dresses, easter hats, boas, dress up shoes etc.
We ate: chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, crackers & cheese, watermelon, cake & ice cream
Other junk food: ring pops, candy bracelets & rings, and a pinata full of other candy

It was so much fun to plan and put on. I'm glad my little girl had a great birthday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...