Zebra bookshelf

I am sooo happy at how this turned out. I got this bookshelf off of Craigslist and redid it for my girls' room. I forgot to take a total before picture, but here it is after I primed it...some of the ugliness is still showing.I saw this great idea at Thrifty Decor Chick where she covered corkboard in material and put it in the back of the shelves, and it made such a difference in the bookshelf, so I knew I had to do that. The only difference for me was that when I went to buy corkboard, it was going to be $20! That's about what I paid for the whole bookshelf. Not happening. Maybe it's cheaper at a dollar store though. So I came home and used cardboard. It worked just fine.
Vwa La! You just measure the backs, cut your board and fabric and hot glue it around the edges. Pop it in & beautifullness (that's not really a word, is it).
Of course then I had to put in all the books, not as cute, but I guess I can't leave it empty just because I like the zebra print showing. :)
I just had an idea about what to put in the bottom storage place...I'll share it if it turns out like I have it imagined.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...