Another Baby Cake

I had the chance to make my baby cake again. I love making this little guy (or girl)!
If you're wondering how it's done, it's pretty simple.

I used the Wilton Stand Up Bear Pan Set.
After baking & cooling, you cut off the ears and muzzle part around the little pug nose. After cutting down the ears some, you replace them on the sides of the head with toothpicks.

I also cut half of the arm off that I'm putting on top of the bottle. You have to cut out underneath the bottle so it doesn't stick out away from the body too. If you want to use a rattle or other baby object, you probably won't have to cut out the body.

Then it's onto piping the baby. This time I did the diaper smooth. A trick from a friendly Wilton magazine...you can smooth the icing by dipping your finger in cornstarch and tapping lightly on the frosting.

You can also make the bear into a little girl or boy or even a graduate.

Not that I've done it, but I might have to try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, the memories!! i hope this one didn't take as long as the two we did! :)

SM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...