German Chocolate Cake

My hubby had a birthday and I got to make him one of his favorite cakes...German Chocolate. But I thought this time instead of buying a boxed chocolate cake and the little cans of German Chocolate frosting, I would do everything from scratch.

I call these ugly cakes because they don't look like my pretty decorated ones, but my hubby always says they taste a lot better.
It was a labor of love for sure. I don't really like this kind of cake, so it's only worth it because he loves it so much.

I found a recipe at allrecipes.com that people raved about and went from there.

Some tips for this recipe:
*double the frosting if you want enough to do the sides and plenty in between the layers.
*toast the coconut & pecans
*let the frosting totally cool - I refrigerated mine

If you're a German Chocolate Cake fan, you should love this one...my husband devoured it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...