Girls Shrug

My 1st grader can't wear tank tops/spaghetti strap tops to school so I knew this was the perfect excuse to make some little shrugs for her to give us more options for tops this year.

Ok, so I've only done one so far, but I love how it turned out.

I took this old tee that had some weird spots on it
and turned it into this.
Pretty simple. I cut the bottom off according to how long I wanted it on her and cut a slit right up the middle of what was left.

Then I used another old white shirt and made ruffles about 1 1/2" wide.  I would have used the part I cut from the tee, but it wasn't quite enough.

I pinned it around the edge of the shirt where I cut it and sewed it on. Voila! Done. In less than an hour. And next time it should take even less time.

I also grabbed an elastic headband and sewed a leftover ruffle to it.  Next time I won't do such a long ruffle, but I still like how it turned out too.

I love t-shirt material (or any other non-raveling material) because you don't have to hem it and it still looks great.

I want to make so many now. Some long sleeved ones for winter, ones with contrasting ruffles, some with flowers on them...just have to go dig up some other stained (or not stained) little shirts now.

1 comment:

Victoria Lake said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this!!!!! It looks "SO EASY" ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...