Framed Wall Decor

Here are some framed things I did awhile back I thought I would share.  

In my oldest girls' room I'm putting lots of framed things above her bed, including this flower wall art.  Here are a couple other things.

Her name framed.
I painted a wood plaque and painted on her name.  I glued it to fabric covered cardboard and put it in a frame I had spray painted.

I read a great tip on transferring images somewhere on Pinterest (one of those things I read, but didn't pin).  Print off your design and put a piece of newspaper between it and your surface.  Make sure the newspaper part has a lot of words.  I used a picture portion of the paper since I didn't have much area to cover.  Then trace your words or design that you printed off with a sharp pencil and it will leave a faint line on your piece of wood.


Another fun thing for her wall, a silhouette.

I took a picture and printed it out the size I wanted and used it as a pattern to cut out of white fabric.  I glued it to the brown and white fabric with spray adhesive and framed it also.

I haven't used spray adhesive until recently when I inherited some, and I love the stuff.  It's so easy for lightweight things.

I had a couple of old frames that I spray painted for our master bedroom.  Here's the before.
After I spray painted them, they hung on my wall empty for awhile.  I finally filled them.
I tend to go ahead and hang them on my wall until I actually decide what I want in them...go figure.
 
Put a painted wooden letter on some fabric covered cardboard in a frame, and there ya go.

I also did the list of dates I've seen everywhere lately.  This was the format I used.

I printed mine out on cardstock and put it in the same brown frame as the monogram.

I also had this big bulky frame.  I think it weighs about 20 pounds.  It's not one of those new "looks like it's heavy" frames, it's the real deal.
Yes, I do love Jesus, but I had to replace this picture.

I spray painted the frame white and put in a picture from our honeymoon.  
I still have so many frames to fill it's ridiculous, but I feel like I'm making some headway at least.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...