Corkboard Redo

I found this corkboard at the Thrift Store for $1.98. I took this picture after I took the frame off of it, but you get the point that it's just a normal old corkboard...with a few rough spots.I covered the corkboard with pink fabric and hot glued it on the back. Spray painted the frame black and put it back on the board. I think I even attached it back on with hot glue because it just needed a little hold to make it stick back around it.
I had so many different ideas for this board, but that always seems to change in the midst of doing my projects, go figure.

I ended up using bottle caps (& no I'm not drinking while I'm 6 months pregnant),
covering them with a little circle of zebra fabric, with hot glue of course, and then using hot glue again to attach a push pin to the back. Works great! I think I may add some zebra fabric flowers on the tops of some just for fun. But for now, I like that my girls have a place to display their artwork. It used to be taped to my bedroom door every morning. Not that that wasn't sweet, but now they can keep it up longer.

1 comment:

julie king said...

how cute is that!!! love it. i need to something similar for my art room!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...