Ornament Wreath-w/some tips


I'm linking up to The DIY Show Off today.
The DIY Show Off
I know there will be so many great ideas.

I have seen these everywhere! They all are different and look so pretty.
Every year at the after Christmas sales I usually buy the cheapo ornaments. So I knew I would have some when I pulled out all the decor this year. So exciting!

So I took these...and this...and some of this...and of course my hot glue gun and it came out like this...
Just a few tips (that everyone might already know, and I was just being a little dense about):
*You DO need to hot glue the tops on the ornaments...

*But you don't have to loosen them off and put glue around the stem and then press them back in. Instead, just smudge the glue around the top. This takes a lot less time and mine have held up just fine.

*Use a thin hanger or something that bends easily but still holds shape...mine was sooo stiff when trying to finish it at the top!

*It really doesn't matter the order you put them on the hanger. I was all strategic with it and in the end you can move them around and really organize them pretty easily.

And this project does take about 80 or more ornaments. I actually wish I had more than what I did. I had to use old and new ones, small and large, but I still like how it turned out. Next time I would like to use all small ones in 3 colors. Maybe I'll save that for next year.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So pretty! I also made one of these recently. The only trouble I had is getting it to hang flat against the wall!

Delightful Dwelling said...

It looks great! I am going to be trying to make one of these too, thanks for the tips.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...